Our curriculum includes a complete 100 hour course of study. Diploma is valid nationwide. Once course is completed and diploma is awarded, graduates can groom in any part of the country.
Classes will include:
- Maintenance Grooming
- Salon Safety Techniques
- Basic First Aid
- Dog Anatomy
- Grooming tools, Shears, Dryers and Supplies Required for Grooming
- Bathing, Conditioning, and Drying Procedures
- Nail Clipping and Ear Cleaning
- Brushing, Combing, De-Shedding and De-Matting
- Ear Anatomy and Care
- Scissoring Techniques
- Identifying Potential Health Problems
- Time and Quality Grooming Production Requirements
- Poodle Styles
- Standard Breed Cuts
- Correcting Body Lines
- Proper Cleaning and Maintenance of the Work Area
- Customer Relations, Appointment Scheduling, Business of Pet Grooming
- Clipper and Shear Maintenance
Curriculum is subject to change depending on the class. Clock hours are approximate.
ADVANCED CLASS IS NOW AVAILABLE
We now have an Advanced Class of an additional 150 Hours (6 Weeks-Tues-Sat 10-3) for past graduates or students that wish to add 150 hours onto their Basic Program. Advanced class is open by invitation only. Student can request a conference with the School Director in the 3rd week of the Basic class to see if they’re eligible to enroll in the Advanced class.
Tuition for Advanced Class is $3500, plus tools and registration fee. (Students who take Advanced Dog Grooming immediately after graduating from Basic Professional Dog Grooming will not be charged for registration or the grooming kit a second time.)
Download and complete the below enrollment form and submit to School director for course approval.
Dog Grooming School of PA
100 N. Buckstown Drive
Langhorne, PA 19047
Sun & Mon: Closed